Strawberry & Chilli Salsa
- 250 gm fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 fresh orange, juice squeezed, zest shredded
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 fresh red or green chillies, deseeded membranes removed, sliced finely
- 2 fresh cloves garlic
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp fruit vinegar such as raspberry or blackcurrant
- 10gm fresh mint, tarragon, basil or celery leaves, scissor snipped
Halve the strawberries and set them flat on a chopping board. Use a sharp knife, cleaver or mezzaluna to chop them finely. Pile them into a bowl adding the orange juice and zest. chopped onion, chilli, garlic, salt and vinegar. Stir well until mixed. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the herbs and serve.
Spoon over roast pork, turkey, steak, or with ham salad. Very nice with fish also.